Last week, during the throws of another one of our coveted “All Girls Nights”- we threw around some thoughts worth sharing. We realized that that amidst the noise of the tiles being mixed we share some pretty interesting realizations. Couple of multiple (really no choice) questions for your review.
1) Who is actually the boss of us? Our hairdressers, our grandchildren, what other people think about us or chocolate? All of the above.
2) How much fun is time at home- with no plans? They cancelled cool, we will binge watch. So much fun times three- no options.
3) Is setting a dinner table for a party- best part of preparing, lot’s of pleasure, creative and delightful time spent? All of the above.
4) How worth is it, when that one split second not to have another drink, rears through the sound of reason and you don’t wake up hung over? Thank you inner child.
5)- How essential is overlooking shortcomings in friends? A clear cut version of Important- extremely, unequivocally or important grande.
6)-When you ask a question you know the answer to are you setting yourself up for trouble, repeating old grandfathered in mishegas or sticking your finger in a live socket while standing in a bucket of water? Answer- all of the above.
We then put down the tiles and broke for dinner. One question clearly temporal.
7) Is Russian dressing best when you mix ketchup and mayonnaise- when it comes from the deli already prepared with relish- or store bought Marie’s brand? Nobody answered, too busy scoffing down dinner.
8)-Our playing resumed -another long question-when we look back and come to see even within our choices, with no magic bullets in sight, do we trade with someone else, or do we turn our “lack there of’s into more than enough’s? We thank our lucky stars that we got smarter in realizing…
In every argument there is a winner and a looser. Know the difference. Don’t push your luck, we should know by now winner doesn’t all take all. Don’t shake the saber rattle.
And when you get gifts by word of mouth- compliments, respect, invitations run to the finish line.
When giving thanks- give back! When you realize you are well equipped in the l have enough department – make charity your raison d’etre.
Back to trying for a jokerless hand!